WHO ARE WE
WHAT KINDS OF INFORMATION DOES EDFORM COLLECT?
We may gather and use personal information, including (but not limited to) information in the following categories:
- identification data (e.g. name, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address) when you sign up for an account;
- information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content you view or engage with or the frequency and duration of your activities;
- your Preferences and contact choices;
- profile information (e.g. age, sex, country of residence and any information that you choose to make available to others as part of your Edform user profile);
- electronic identification data (e.g. IP addresses, cookies);
- your user profile;
- academic grades along with skills and achievements as such related to categories typically found on a CV
- your user profile
- information about your usage of and interaction with the Edform products, and website including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views, score in all exercises and traffic to and from our websites;
- device locations, including specific geographic locations;
- information when you visit or use third-party websites that connected with Edform, such as when you click our logo);
- correspondence between you and Edform;
- content of chat communications;
- information about the members and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them. Such as members you communicate with the most or groups you belong to and keywords you use within conversations;
HOW DOES EDFORM USE THIS INFORMATION AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
Our primary purpose in collecting information is to provide you with a safe, secure engaging and customized experience. Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR 2018 and our data policy. Edform collects and uses personal data relating to you, as permitted or necessary to:
- verify your identity;
- deliver services, personalised content and make suggestions for you, such as careers to follow or Alumni that may help you. For example, if you mention you need help in a particular sector or skill, we fill find the relevant content specifically for you;
- provide you with customer support and troubleshoot problems;
- make suggestions for you by using this information to understand how you use and interact with our content and the members or things you’re connected to and interested in;
- location information is used to tailor our Services for you i.e. careers that you might be interested in or members that might help you to answer a certain question you have related to your future options;
- running competitions; • compare information for accuracy;
- to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Services and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us;
- resolve disputes;
- customize, measure, and improve the Edform products and websites;
- Information about your visits to our site. This includes demographic data and browsing patterns. This is used to build up marketing profiles, to aid strategic development, to manage our relationship with advertisers and to audit usage of the site;
- protect your and Edform's interests, including in particular to enforce our Terms of Service and fight against fraud, (together, the Purposes);
- conduct surveys and research for features in development, and analyse the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new products or features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities;
- improve our advertising and measurement systems so we can show you relevant ads on and off our Services and measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services. For example, we may tell an advertiser how their ads performed, or how many people viewed their ads or installed an app after seeing an ad, or provide non-personally identifying demographic information (such as 25 year old female, in France, who likes software engineering) to these partners to help them understand their audience or customers.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. We may provide partners with information about the reach and effectiveness of their advertising without providing information that personally identifies you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not disclose any information we keep about you to third parties, except for (1) where you have agreed to the sharing of the data (2) any suppliers we engage to provide services which involve processing data on our behalf. Your information may be stored and processed in any country in which Edform and its group companies maintain facilities, including outside of the EU. In this regard, or for purposes of sharing or disclosing data in accordance with this article, Edform reserves the right to transfer information outside of your country. By using Edform website or Edform products you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. As Edform continues to develop its business, Edform might sell or buy subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions as well as in the event Edform or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal information of Edform users will generally be one of the transferred business assets. We reserve the right to include your personal information, collected as an asset, in any such transfer to a third party. Edform does not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW DOES EDFORM USE THEM?
Our website makes use of ‘cookies’ to help personalise your online experience. Cookies are used to identify you and pieces of information that the browser of the Edform software client or your internet browser may store on your computer's hard drive. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you. Cookies enable Edform to: recognise you or your preferences, gain information about the use of its websites and help us to improve our products and websites. We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
- identifying returning subscribers and nominated students and allowing subscribers and nominated students to be presented with a personalised version of Edform products;
- enabling you to move more easily around our site(s);
- tracking your use of our site(s) to better develop our site(s) in accordance with your requirements;
- allow registered users to be presented with a personalised version of the site;
- building up a demographic profile;
This information may be analysed by third parties on our behalf. The Help option on the toolbar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please bear in mind that some personalized services may not be available if you choose to disable cookies.
YOUR USER PROFILE
Your user profile is the information provided by you at registration which is displayed in your Edform profile in the Edform software client and on your personal details page in your account on *.edform.org. It may include your Edform user name, full name, address, telephone and mobile numbers, gender, date of birth, country, language, “about me” page URL, and any other information that you decide to make available. You can access your user profile from your account on www.edform.org in order to view, correct or complete information, remove non-mandatory information and to see the privacy settings associated with your profile information.
HOW CAN I MANAGE OR DELETE INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
You can I manage or delete information about me? You can manage the content and information you share when you use Edform through the Settings page. You can also download information associated with your Edform account through your profile page.
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services.
You can delete your account any time. When you delete your account, we delete things you have posted, such as any request or posts shared. Keep in mind that information that others have shared about you is not part of your account and will not be deleted when you delete your account.
LINKED WEBSITES AND THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS
HOW DOES EDFORM PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Edform shall take appropriate organisational and technical measures to protect the personal data and traffic data provided to it or collected by it with due observance of the applicable obligations and exceptions under the relevant legislation. Your personal and traffic data can only be accessed by authorized employees or consultants of Edform or the concerned Edform group entities that need to have access to this data in order to be able to fulfil their given duties.
Edform may from time to time ask you to provide information on your experiences which will be used to measure and improve quality. We may send you a regular e-mail newsletter, but you will have the option of unsubscribing from this newsletter if you so wish. You are at no time under any obligation to provide any of such data. Any and all information which is voluntarily submitted in feedback forms on the website or any survey that you accept to take part in is used for the purposes of reviewing this feedback and improving the Edform products and website.
Edform may contact you to send you messages about faults and service issues. Further, Edform reserves the right to use email to notify you of any eventual claims related to your use of Edform websites and/or Edform products, including without limitation claims of violation of third party rights. Edform may use email to keep you up to date with news about Edform products that you have purchased and/or to inform you about other Edform products or other Edform related information. You can opt-out of the receipt of alerts and/or promotional emails by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link on the email that you receive or by signing into your account page on www.edform.org.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
You have the right to access and, where relevant, to amend your personal information. Some of your information may be viewed or edited online by signing into your account page on www.edform.org. We will respond to requests to view, correct, complete or remove your personal information within a reasonable period of time and upon verification of your identity. Please address any questions to our customer support team.
Edform will use all reasonable endeavours to accommodate requests to delete personal information unless it is required to be retained by law or for lawful business purposes.
However, please note that due to the technical nature of the peer to peer network, it can sometimes take up to two weeks before your Edform ID disappears completely from the network.
HOW LONG IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA KEPT BY EDFORM?
Edform will retain your information for as long as is necessary to:
- comply with applicable legislation, regulatory requests and relevant orders from competent courts;
Edform makes every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.
HOW TO CONTACT EDFORM WITH QUESTIONS
If you have any questions, please contact Edform in the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44(0)121 288 6121
- Mail: Edform Limited, 45 Newhall Street, Birmingham, B3 3QR
Date of Last Revision: 4th July 2018